The thing is, guys are pretty clear about the kind of woman they want to date, but at some point they’ll meet “the one.” She may not even be their usual type at first, which could actually be the cause for the insatiable fascination and infatuation. Here are 14 ways to tell she’s wife material.
1. She doesn’t smother you. She knows you have friends and need your “guy time.” What’s more, she happy that you go out and have fun with your buds.
2. Girls just wanna have fun. She’s able to let her hair down and just have a good time. But…
3. …she’s also responsible. She’s not a non-stop party girl.
4. She’s a great cook and enjoys it. There’s a lot of truth behind that whole “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” line.
5. She puts up with your crap. Guys do a lot of stupid things. Apparently it’s in our genes. (Or is that jeans?) Rather than just bail or call it quits, she tolerates some of the more idiotic things you do. But then again…
6. She’s not a door mat. She may let you get away with something once or twice, but she’ll most definitely let you know she’s not happy about it.
7. She’s self-confident. Nothing, as in nothing, is sexier on a woman than self-confidence. Which reminds me of another good point.
8. She’s sexy. Hey, guys are 95 percent visual creatures, so if just looking at your huge… tracts of land helps him stand at attention, that’s a good thing.
9. She’ll watch Die Hard with you. Granted, you’ll probably have to suck it up and see some Renee Zellweger flick, but compromise is the strongest pillar in any marriage.
10. She’s good with money. Good at making money is even better, but it’s great if she can keep her eye on the checkbook and make educated purchasing decisions. Somebody has to, right?
11. She has a sense of humor. Whether she’s cracking jokes or laughing it up at yours, she definitely knows that, as Oscar Wilde puts it “Life is too important to be taken seriously.”
12. She takes care of you. When you’re home sick, she’ll race over with a container of chicken soup. She’ll cover you with blankets, prop your head up with pillows, and rent your favorite movies. She’ll do everything she can to nurse you back to health.
13. She makes you a better person. She makes you want to do more, be more. When you’re with her, you really work at becoming a better man all around.